Kildare Local History Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

family history County Kildare

2 posters

Go down

family history County Kildare Empty family history County Kildare

Post  lindabuxton Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:32 am

Hi, my name is Linda and I live in Victoria Australia.

I am doing research of Families from County Kildare, that have had ansestors that imigrated to Australian, either as convicts and/or Free passangers.

I live on a farm that has been passed doen are family, that was once owned by a John Buckley, from Plunketstown, Castledermot, he was born 1833 his farther was Michael Buckley died 17 may 1855 Mother Mary Nowlan (Nolan) Died 5 October 1851, both buried in Killelan Church Yard under an iron cross.

John also paid for the passage of a cousin James Nowlan, and he was related to Garrett Stynes, how married his arnty also a Nowlan.

His best friend in ireland was Danial Kelly of Plucketstown.

I have may letters from Ireland to John and I also have his personal diaries and papers.

If anyone can help me with information on the following familys I would be very gratefull.

Buckley,Nowlan,Nolan,Nowland,Kelley,Kelly,MacDonald,McDonald,Dunn,Dunne,Stynes,Stines,Somers,Conner,
Connor,Hayden,Foley,Fernell,Doyle,Dowling,Cullen,Byrne,Brennen,Brennan,Herron,Heron,O'brien, Bolger

And any spelling veriations of these names

Thanking you
Linda

lindabuxton

Back to top Go down

family history County Kildare Empty Re: family history County Kildare

Post  maddriller@btinternet.com Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:15 pm

Linda
We have doyle kelly dunne byrne in my wifes family and they came from Rathangan Kildare areas. What years are we looking at to see if there is any connections.
Keith
in England

maddriller@btinternet.com

Back to top Go down