Kildare Local History Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Federation Initiatives -- Maximising Accessibility

2 posters

Go down

Kildare Federation Initiatives -- Maximising Accessibility Empty Kildare Federation Initiatives -- Maximising Accessibility

Post  Liam Kenny Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:11 pm

The Kildare Federation of Local History Groups can be pleased with its two recent initiatives (a) the publication of a hard copy Newsletter and (b) the production of a CD compiled from the Heritage Week talks broadcast on Kfm last September. The most widespread distribution of the information included in both publications would be welcomed by many. Two suggestions that might help (a) the hard copy Newsletter might be loaded up as on the Federation Website either as a text file o PDF and (b) the CD broadcasts might be loaded as an audio file on the website. This would ensure a maximum access to the useful information included within both publications.

Liam Kenny

Liam Kenny

Back to top Go down

Kildare Federation Initiatives -- Maximising Accessibility Empty Re: Kildare Federation Initiatives -- Maximising Accessibility

Post  ajmull Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:37 am

Should the Newsletter stand on its own as another way of communicating with the members? Perhaps more copies should have been printed if it is intended to get to a wide audience. It is certainly a worthwhile endeavour and a good start has been made. If the authors agree, I would certainly put it and the audio file of the CD on the website - if I am sent the material in a suitable format. I have doubts as to whether scanned-in content would be suitable in this case, but if you, or anyone, sends me such I will do my best to put it up.

A.J. Mullowney

ajmull

http://www.kildare.ie/local-history/

Back to top Go down

Kildare Federation Initiatives -- Maximising Accessibility Empty Re: Kildare Federation Initiatives -- Maximising Accessibility

Post  Liam Kenny Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:42 pm

The Newsletter looks very well on the website. Using a variety of technologies to spread the word on local history is a good move for the Federation and well done Adrian webmaster on mastering the technology to make it possible. Basketball

Liam Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down