Kildare Local History Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet Seminar

Go down

Internet Seminar Empty Internet Seminar

Post  ajmull Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:24 pm

I suggested at the last Federation Committee meeting that I might run a Seminar to try to get member groups interested in using the Federation Internet site to publicise their groups, and local history in their areas. I think perhaps that some members may be put off because they think the subject is too technical for them to submit material. However the submission of material is quite easy and I would be able to show how to go about submitting such material and how I deal with it to put it up on the site. I think that may take some of the mystery out of it and encourage groups to use it more. We now also have this Forum in which members can discuss anything they wish in the subject area of local history. This is in its infancy and I would hope to show members how to use it and how easy it is to do so. We could also use the afternoon to discuss ideas that members may have as to how the site should be used in the future.

I can get the use of a state-of-the-art Computer Room for a Saturday afternoon from 2-5 pm which can take 15 persons - one per member group. I had been thinking of Saturday 2nd Feb as a possible date.

I would be interested in what you think of this idea. Question

ajmull

http://www.kildare.ie/local-history/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum